What's left at the end of the day...

Rants, rambles, and thoughts!

Friday, May 11, 2007

With every hour the end is inching near...

My roommates departure is so soon that time is beginning to slow down and come to a grinding halt. She's not the worst roommate, but she sure as hell isn't the best. It's like she doesn't think about anything, she eats in here all the time, leaves her dirty nasty plates in here for days, wakes me up almost everyday. If I'm not woken up, she disturbs my sleep greatly. I haven't had a good nights sleep since I've been here this semester.

I don't know what it is, she wasn't this bad last semester...or else she didn't bother me as much last semester. Oh well. All I have to do is make it until 3:15 p.m. Tuesday afternoon and if the freaking RA is a minute late, I'm going to make her pay.

Other than that, my exams have been going well. I really cannot express how excited I am for my surroundings to be changing (ever so slightly) in the next week or so. I feel like I've been living in a heavily oppressive environment for the past two semester. It's seriously hindering my creativity and overall happiness. Hopefully the upcoming change will be a good one for me.

In other news, has anyone noticed how beautiful the sunsets have been the past two days? For the second day in a row now I have not been able to stop walking around the circle after my evening workout because I can't pull myself away from the setting sun. Especially around Lot L, it's gorgeous. I wish I could live in those moments forever. I also settled it with myself tonight that I am going to live in California at some point and Montana.

Actually, what I think I am going to do is make a list of all of the places with the most beautiful sunsets and travel and see them. If I plan enough in advance, then I will go camping too and see the sun rises. I need to wake up in time to see a good sunrise, I have never really done that. But I tell you, nothing beats waking up early morning after a night of camping to a gorgeous sunrise in the woods.

I'm beginning to think that there is something seriously different about me this week. More and more frequently I am noticing guys checking me out, or waving at me as they walk by. I hate keeping my blinds closed (probably the most oppressive thing about living in this dung hole) and I keep them open as often as I can, but when I do people always comment on them. I hear "OMG like, if I, like, live on the first floor, like, I would never, like, keep my blinds open." OR I get the ever increasingly popular slow walk stare from guys, and the slow "Oh shit, she sees me" wave from when the realize it is in fact a two way window.

Don't people understand that humans crave the outdoors and fresh air? And most importantly, something more than just cinder blocks covered by obnoxious posters. Instead of the beautiful tapestries, yet another oppression. I miss my tapestries incredibly. They are beautiful and I cannot wait until they will be hung again. Hopefully my RA this summer will overlook my tapestries. Hell, who am I kidding. We have had the worst luck with RAs and RDs actually enforcing the rules these past two semesters.

I have been eating a lot of organic granola bars and breakfast bars, I've also been trying a lot more organic foods lately. Wegmans has this really cool wall of organic granola bars, where you can buy one instead of a whole box, so I tried a fruit and nut bar from Cliff. It was the weirdest thing, I couldn't eat it. It was cinnamon pecan, but it smelled almost exactly like my dad did. I have absolutely no memory of my dad wearing cologne or anything other than speed stick deodorant. And he always smelled of Captain Black tobacco.

It always makes me smile when I find things that remind me of him, especially when there is little to no connection between the item and him. It's also funny how those things just sneak their way into my life and how the thing I hated most about him (smoking) become the first thing I miss about him.

And I've just realized how incredibly random this post is. To my loyal readers, my apologies. Ogre! It was great hearing from you, I hope you are doing well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home